Friday, February 6, 2015

The Daily Beer And Bike Log Feb. 6, 2015 Enjoy The Ride

Well It has defiantly been tough trying to write about five times a week with not too much going down other than a new weekly beer and a couple of rides. I promise this should get better once the weather breaks and the mud dries into ride able dirt. 


So once again I find myself trying to wing it here. Mountain biking is a lot like life. You can cruise through it, following the trail as it winds and turns, having a blast, sometimes you have to crank it and go uphill, huffing and puffing along the way (or at least if you are 40 like me sometimes it is a bit of huffing and puffing)
Then once in a while life throws a tree root out in front of you as you try and hit that switchback too quick, and BAM! 
Not me but you get the point

You are airborne and not in a good way, since you left the bike behind you. You may be lucky and hit the dirt with minimal damage, or you may ricocheted off a tree and cut yourself up as you try and slow yourself down.
Again just a random pic but this is what I feel like as it is happening

 I can say that the few times I have wiped out it is strange that it happens so fast yet it seems like everything around you is in slow motion, well until impact.

And the impact is what changes us all. On the trail you are probably going to approach that turn a bit different next time, with more awareness and a little more skill than you approached with on that first try. In life shit happens, sometimes it is a scratch other times a deep cut you get when life sends you flying through the air and into a rough patch of woods. 

OUCH!

The best thing anyone can do is get back on the bike and try again. The past is the past, you can’t change it, but you can learn from it. There is no one who has rode through life without a fail, but there are those who ignore the fails (or falls) and keep approaching the situation the same way over and over again, with expectations that somehow the result will be different the next time.  I am not trying to write a post with any type of deep meaning here, just relating something I love with something I enjoy deeply. I love my life, it is a gift to have the family and support in the good and bad times. And Enjoy riding deeply, it is also a gift to escape once in a while into the woods and challenge myself.
For once this is me


In all just remember when you fall down, pick yourself back up, clean off the blood and dirt and keep riding. You may have to adjust your approach a bit, but in the end you will be better for it. GO RIDE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment