Monday, February 23, 2015

The "Almost Daily" Beer and Bike Log Feb 23, 2015

This weekend was still not a productive Bike weekend, but I want to say I was able to try three beers and three beers that will make the 52Beers to Try before you Die Bucket list (the first is already posted here SixRow Porter )


The other two were Old Rasputin Imperial Stout, and Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale


 On Friday I stopped by my favorite Liquor store Randall's and perused the Craft beer section, 



so many beers and not enough budgeted aside for it. I set about twenty bucks aside for this little trip. I could have blown it right away on a couple of Stouts I had some interest in tasting that were about 16-18 bucks. But I wanted to grab a couple so I found one that was referred to me by a friend here in St Lois (Thanks Chris) The Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale by Boulevard brewing in Kansas City. A good beer but more on it in my actual Review, it made the list so I did think high enough of it to put it on there.
So Friday I drank the Tank 7, 

Saturday the Old Rasputin 

and Sunday which was a day filled with sports (the Daytona 500, A televised Bruins Blackhawks Game, where my Bruins woke from hibernation to Maul the Blackhawks GO B’s) and some UFC that night I decided on my way home from yet another of my favorite sports, my Daughters softball practice. Tried to pick up another brew to try making it a rounded out weekend and trying to reach beer 10 of the 52 if it was good enough. So I picked up the Six Row Porter

 along with a single bottle of All Day IPA From Founders Brewing company (have not tried it yet)

I have learned I either am not a very good critic, or have a taste for full flavor great Craft beer, because I have yet to not rate one or give it a Skunky beer face rating.

 Oh well what can I say I enjoy different types of beer from different companies.  More to follow......

No comments:

Post a Comment