Thursday, February 5, 2015

The Daily Beer And Bike Log Feb 4, 2015 God's Roller Coaster

You know I don’t think I have day dreamed this much since I was a child. I watch the weather and hope for enough dry warm days in a row to get my bike on the dirt without it turning to Muck. I have only been out twice in 2015, both good times, both muddy dirty rides, but without wanting to screw up the trail for others not very long rides. Long enough to get a little aggression out on the trail, but not much time out there in the overall scheme of things.
I sit and watch videos, I read the magazines, and think about the next time I can ride my bike. Frustrating? Yes. Hey I get quality time with the family and that is important. Got to get out and run for the first time in a while, and since I have committed myself to some charity 5k’s and 4 milers I need to run a bit. But I would rather get on my bike, which is exercise anyway, but exercise I never think about till I need a sip of water.


Now I do not want to sound preachy or anything. I have a deep belief in God and that he created everything around us. And I think that is why I feel some peace in the woods and on the trail. I am not saying this is how you should feel, maybe to you the bike itself is what you see as the peace. I have just taken an idea that is not my own, (Actually read it in Phil and Jase  Robertson's books, and I think the idea is amazing) 


They see God as the Architect of all that surrounds us. I tend to agree with the idea. However you may look at it. Just stop for a moment and take it all in. 

 I look at my bike as a simple form of transportation that takes me onto God's roller coaster ride through the surroundings and it is everything weaved into this wonderful time I get to spend in the woods. (I also started hunting and get to feel it on a slowed down different level there also)

 Growing up a city kid, I did not get out into nature much. In the Military I got out a bit more, but after I almost avoided it. I would rather be inside. 
Then as I have gotten older, I rediscovered so many things I have missed. And because of my bike (along with hunting and fishing) I get to take it all in. When I get going on the bike everything is moving so fast, yet in slow motion.


 Don’t get me wrong one of those days in the mud, everything was moving slowly, it was hard fought, and the flow just was not there. But I still enjoyed my time outside. So weather you believe in God, you are an atheist, maybe you think Mother Nature herself is why we have what we have, get out there and enjoy the great outdoors. If you are reading this blog (all 4 or 5 of you) I assume you enjoy the biking route (and beer) but even when on your bike, stop for that sip of water once in a while and appreciate your surroundings. It is a beautiful thing.



No comments:

Post a Comment