Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Tatsin' Across The Nation!!! Porch Rocker from Sam Adams


We can’t always ride the trails, I know this fact sucks but real life does get in the way. We can not always brew beers, again time and space come into the equation. So in an all-out effort to broaden my horizons (and not be a hypocrite) I will try craft beers from around the country. One. Trying to fill up my United States of Beer page, one beer and state at a time. And two. come on who does not like drinking a cold six pack with some friends.

This week was a slow week and with an impromptu lunch at my sister in laws I thought we better pick up a six pack on the way. The local grocery store does not have an overabundance of specialty beers. But in the upper echelon of craft beers they do have Sam Adams products. So I decided why not try the Porch Rocker limited edition summer beer.




Taking my Wife Sarah’s opinion first she popped open a bottle drank a few sips and said “A nice summery beer you can enjoy two or three without a buzz not that, that is a good or bad thing,” she continued, “ It is a nice alternative to something like a Mike’s hard lemonade” she also said if it came calorie free she would drink it all day.

Next my sister in Law Kate took a few drinks. “I would say a really good light summer beer for drinking after some yard work, but for my own taste a little too lemony”

I could not figure it out at first I was waiting for that stronger beer taste to hit and it never really did. It was almost like a soft drink. As Lemonade not enough lemon flavor, as Beer too much lemon. For something light on a hot day I can agree it was a nice easy beer. But I would prefer a Summer Ale from Sam Adams, or even their end of Winter Cold Snap over this one.

So now the ratings. We each rate the beer against our “Go To 10” our favorite beer, the one we would choose 9 out of 10 times. Also something we will do from now on trying to compare the beer to something similar As in if it is a Summer beer compare it to a summer beer, an Ale to an Ale etc….

 Sarah who’s Go to 10 is Still Angry Bastard Rates Porch Rocker as a solid 7.

Her go to summer drink although not a beer she enjoys the Ciders like Woodchuck or Angry Orchard or even a lighter summer Crispin Compared to this 10 she gives it a 9, so very close to her go to summer drink

Katie’s Go to 10 is still Arrogant Bastard to which she gave this beer a 3

Her go to summer brew is Schlafly Summer Lager and she bumps this one up with a 7

 I am a fan of just about everything Sam Adams puts out. My go to 10 Being Sam Adams Octoberfest Compared to this I give Porch Rocker a 3, it is too light for me.

My Go To Summer Beer staying within the Sam Family is Sam Adams Summer Ale so if that is my ten I can bump up Porch Rocker to a solid 6

It is an okay soft drink in my eyes not really a beer, even in the summer I want a little bite to it and this one did not have it.




Overall rating 5.8

Compared to Go To Beers 4.3

And Compared to a Similar Beer (summer drinks in this case) 7.3

No comments:

Post a Comment