Friday, July 18, 2014

Just Another Ride Toward Experiance

 
Well It wasn't down hill but.....

Out with my daughter Julie and Wife Sarah we took to the bike path off of Marshall road. Since I had discovered the Mountain bike trail I had to get back and really run it. 

 So I traveled the couple of miles with my wife spending some time with her and keeping her company. With the plan of breaking off to get some alone time with the dirt path. We said our goodbyes and when we would meet up and I was off. Now I had only done a partial run of this trail and slowly at that, the first time.



This time I took off and let the Trail take me. I was doing great till I shifted the wrong way just before going up one of the steeper climbs (not a long climb but enough to slow you down if you do anything wrong, Like I did) so I hit it and got up off the saddle as I just reached the top I lost control the bike wanted to go left as I wanted to keep it on the trail and stay right, I over compensated and it went right, right off the other side of the path as I went down the hill trying to maintain some control of the bike, one of my feet fell off the pedal. Now I could see this all happening in very slow motion, and as I saw a small but I guarantee very solid tree coming ever so closer, I taped the brakes trying to slow up. The wheels skidded through some shrubbery and I saved the bike, as well as my man parts and forehead from what could have been a bloody ride home (more my forehead and hopefully just sore nuts not bloody) I caught my breath and thought “That was awesome!” it is always awesome when you don’t actually crash. So I got right back on the path and got moving again, for a while no real incidents. Dodge a root here avoid a rock there, while enjoying the ride.


Coming around a corner a little too fast I lost control again for a split second, regained it and let another biker go by hoping his GoPro had not seen my sloppy maneuver. After almost completing the almost mile and a half path, I came over the top of one of the steeper climbs and this time I shifted correctly but still did not have enough speed (being too cautious this time) and just made it over the top as I lost my bike out from under me. No crash, no injuries, no bike damage, just looking stupid for no one, but the animals in the woods to see. I hopped back on and completed the ride. Met up with the wife and kid and got another couple of miles in back to the car. After a couple of almost wipeouts and getting worked by the Bike trail, I had one thing on my mind. I could not wait to take it to the trail again with just a little more experience below my belt, and my balls still intact.

No comments:

Post a Comment