Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Tales From The One Gallon Brew....Warrior Double IPA From Brooklyn Brew Shop

SO it had been a while since I had time to brew anything. When I had the opportunity to get a small batch in knowing I had the day off and was going to enjoy some UFC fights that night I figured why not brew up some ingredients we already had (a Huge plus as I said before on the small bates grabbing a few from Brooklyn brew shop and having them on hand whenever I get the itch) Anyway we went with the Warrior Double IPA, this time I was not going to try and alter it at all but go strictly by the recipe.


Got some Water going and we (My sister in law and I) were off





After the normal brewing process and sparge I got to enjoy my new Wort Chiller (a very handy Birthday gift I received that day to help with the brew) and I can say as someone who has only used Ice baths on the small batch this was awesome (the down side was outside temp was around 95, so the last few degrees getting it to 70 was tough)


Anyway we got the IPA into the Bucket and enjoyed a few beers that day. 

The first was our very own Memorial Day Kolsch


I can say one of the two best we have brewed (the other being our Imperial IPA)

The other we tried that evening was Incredible and will be up soon as I gather all the reviews I have had while on hiatus. 


Founders Devil Dancer Triple IPA (a Beer at about 5 bucks a bottle so nothing you would drink all the time) But well worth the money all I will say here was it was like a Scotch Ale crashing into a great IPA anyway there will be more on that soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment