Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Our Imperial IPA Passes the Taste Test

                               
Now I can't sit here and post our little brew groups beer as a Beer you have to try before you die, because, well you would have to come over my house and we are almost through the Original recipe or the two gallons fermented and left as it was brewed, we also have a Bourbon aged, a Rum and Dark chocolate aged and a peach Imperial IPA.



Anyway I popped open the first bottle about a week ago 


(Katie and Rob tried it during the Memorial day brew and both enjoyed it as well. I will not speak for them how they rated it but I know they enjoyed it) 

Now I had it shortly after I had a Glass of Double IPA from Firestone Walker (so a very good IPA) 

and I still enjoyed ours thoroughly. Was it the greatest beer I ever had? No. It was absolutely a step up from my very first Brew....
                                              
 (Sweet Stout which I thought was good but nothing special about it just average) This one was really good to put it into terms or comparable to Beers on my Beers to try before you die bucket list I would give ours about a Beer and a shot rating.


 I really liked it and am excited that every thing I could have possibly done wrong with this beer did not screw it up.  Anyway there will be more to come, The Peach Imperial is ready to be refrigerated and the Bourbon and Rum will be ready in a few days. 

So we will see how they compare. I can say that we tried three other beers this memorial day and with the exception of one I liked ours better, so I am pretty proud of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment